Sunday, November 28, 2010

I now pronounce you 'IMMORAL'

If you are a girl and trying to make new friends (particularly guys), the first thing you'll be judged upon is your a. face, b. your assets and c. the most important of all - if you go clubbing, smoke or drink. Why do they need to know this? I tell you why , to make sure that in future they can either sleep with you, crash at your place to party or simply get rid of their hangover.If in any of the above case you refuse to do so, trust me you will be branded as immoral or characterless...How? The answer is simple- despite from doing all the things which in a male chauvinistic society you are not supposed to do you refuse to fulfill his fantasies .You are that ‘bad girl’ he craves for and when the grapes are sour, you get the title.
But sometimes I wonder, are they really right? Does indulging in these things really make us girls characterless? Or does having fun at your own fancy and refusing to sleep around with people make you one? What really makes you immoral, characterless, a slut? Is it because you don’t want to entertain perverts?Or give in to their demands?
Once, I was hanging out with a bunch of random people. We went to a pub and drinks were served.This girl wanted to smoke and everyone started staring at her. One of the guy started murmuring and expressing his hatred for the girls who smoke( And we are talking about a guy here who would, after two bottles down won’t even remember his own name or where he comes from).Now, I am sure this girl doesn’t mean any harm and was clearly aware of what she was doing. But the whole situation got tensed and awkward. My only question was – ‘How are your getting drunk and losing the senses and behaving weird is any better than a girl who is in full control, just getting a cigarette for herself? ‘
At times when you meet your old  friends after years, the first thing they’ll be confirming is if you clubbing or smoke. Is that all,after this long time, you want to know about me?
Well, here’s news for you. I am more than that and I am not immoral. I am god fearing, respect my elders, respect my parents and I love all the things I am supposed to love and care about and people like these fit nowhere in the list.

1 comment: