Sunday, November 28, 2010

Home Sweet Home


Palampur- No its not where our Raja Hindustani (Aamir khan) kissed karishma kapoor. It’s not even the same place Dairy milk’s dear cow ‘Miss Palampur’ belongs to. And again ‘Palampur express’ is nowhere related to this place. The name has become famous for all the wrong reasons, courtesy to our Media but not many people have  seen the real deal. Situated in the blessed-by- gods Himachal Pradesh, Palampur is a small town surrounded and protected by beautiful Dhauladhar ranges. You dont need too many reasons to like this place. It will be love at first sight sorts.
Though I was born in Delhi, I grew up in Palampur. I spend my childhood and teenage years in here. Well, most of it. Since Palampur doesn’t provide with excellent academic options I have to move to Delhi and as they say –‘You always realize the true value of a thing when it’s gone’. I took some time to realize. The hustle bustle of the city made me nostalgic and Palampur was where I wanted to be. You see one more fact that makes me very proud is when you people think of vacations you think of beautiful natural places and me, I can have my vacations whenever I want-for free. Tee hee. All you need to do is get your I-pod, go to your rooftop and admire the beauty. Believe you me, you wouldn’t even realize and the time will fly by.
Every day is a new scene. The shape of the clouds, the mountains, the water streams, the road which leads to nowhere, fresh tea gardens, old pine trees, curvy roads, heart-warming welcoming women, fact that my best mates are from here. Everything about this place is beautiful.
But one thing which really kills me from inside is the rate at which this place is getting commercialized. New malls and digging up the roadside just to get that new showroom is a thing to worry about. We don’t need commercialization; on the contrary that’s why we are called the natural beauty. The rate at which the population and the pollution are increasing, it’s just heart breaking. You wouldn’t know the difference between Delhi and this place in few years. I really hope that the people would realize that before it’s too late. I love my place too much to hate it ever.

1 comment:

  1. its been a long long tym since i visited palampur..and i luvd it..beautiful place..but after reading this, i'll make sure i visit the place soon....before it gets too commercialized

    ReplyDelete